Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:06:06 -0500
From:         Max Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Dissappearing products (was exhaust system / Kroil)
Comments: To: Daniel Stevens <dosteven@SYR.EDU>

Our local Farm and Fleet store jhere sells Simple Green in Gallon jugs for under $15 a jug. Harder to find smaller quantities. Our Distribution Center where I work buys Simple Gree in 55Gallon Drums.

DM&FS

At 09:17 AM 8/22/2005, Daniel Stevens wrote: >George, I'm not sure on your take.. but i've used Kroil and it works >quite well for me.. even against our NE winters salt&rust > >My problem is that those age old products that REALLY work..who >don't advertise then are NLA locally.. > >Boraxo powdered handsoap.. I work in an office.. I drive a Diesel.. >hands are always 'pink' the next day.. not some orange scented grey >tinge.. (Boraxo used to be used in men's rooms.. but soft soaps have >taken it's place..) Boraxo powdered hand soap is gentle on my >sensative skin. (dermatitus.. sometimes red and raw w/o automotive >work,solvents,oils, and hand cleaners effects) and never had any >discomfort or reaction though it cleans like no other.. not avail >locally for me I order it from dial.com > >Rainvision by the No touch people.. I've used rainX and nearly >everyother windshield snakeoil that my FLAPS preer to stock.. >Rainvision is the OLNY easy and effective windshield treatment thats >easy.. and effective.. everytime my SO goes thru a carwash..she's >like can you re-apply that stuff. (even when she got a new >windshield.. 1st rain.. demands rainvision).. was available locally >from 1 store.. a True value.. now I can't find it again.. next time >I do I'll buy 2 cases.. > >Simple green.. has for some reason getting scarce.. hit 3 FLAPS and >finally HD had some in 32oz spray .. I'll be quite upset when that >goes NLA... mainly because I drive a diesel... straight simple green >works.. otherstuff just doesn't rinse.. > >I have no affiliation in any of these products.. other then meager >support thru my purchases.. though I am seriously considering stock options.. > >Dan Stevens >1980 TD ASi camper. >*----------------------------------------------------------------------------- >From: George Goff <THX0001@AOL.COM> >Subject: Re: exhaust system / Kroil > >In a message dated 8/19/05 1:39:53 PM, vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM writes: > ><< You may need a good penetrating oil such as Kroil >> > >As I once mentioned, I gave in to Kroil's weekly mailings and finally bought >a gallon of their overpriced, magic penetrating oil only to find it to be less >than what I could find locally. I guess it was just punishment for not >following my credo of ignoring ALL advertising. In my experience, >the best goods >are not advertised because they do not need to be. Did you ever notice how a >product which you have been using for decades suddenly turns to shit once you >see ads for it on the boob tube? Levi's 501's are a perfect example of this >syndrome. Kroil seems to be more of a marketing scheme than >something which is >quantifiably better. > >Anyhoo, after using PB Blaster for years and after my foray into the realm of >the Kroilers, I found the best penetrant to be on the shelf at Autozone: Rust >Eater. It even costs less than PB Blaster. > >George