Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:23:48 -0700
From:         Grego Inzinna <caravana_rolidei@PLANET-SAVE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Question about Diesel Westies...and biofuel conversions

sorry i didnt' mean to come off so harsh about the "quacks," Its just that I have heard alot of skeptics bemoan the trials and tribulations of the conversion, an I also have participated in numerous conversions, and i have numerous close friends who use veg oil on a regular basis, talked to numerous people who have traveled across the country using minimal filtrations, gone over 70,000 miles on veg oil, driven to argentina, ran everything from jettas to tractors on the stuff and have had minimal problems, such as an occational clogged prefilter because of using black veg oil which was hardly filtered and used way beyond its life to begin with, which are really trivial when you think about it.

all I am saying is that I aint scared and ok i will be more pc next time in my choice of words. NO it aint that simple, but its damn fun. I have close friends who i have help convert their 2002 jettas to burn veg oil and have had no problems. They aint scared, and yes we have a good commmunity around here who are dedicated to it so moral support is a real boost. My best advice is to talk topeople who have actually done it rather than to read a couple of websites by journey to forever with their scientifically super saturated information and have fun. Grego Inzinna 1982 Diesel Westy (soon to be a grease burner) Ithaca NY

the woods are a buddhaful thing, I wood go out and see dem. Paz esta en el aire que resperamos

> Emailing you back channel... > > I am one of the quacks that stated that from what I had seen, you had to > filter the oil well... > > I am surprised that you would cast dispersions down on those of us that > would caution someone on not ruining their vehicles components when you > haven't yet converted yours... > > I am actively pursuing the same WVO thing, and have been for about a > year...haven't purchased anything yet, but am doing my research ahead of > time...I would rather err on the side of caution and try to help others > out > as well... > > Dave >

Thanks Grego Inzinna 1982 Diesel Westy (soon to be a grease burner)

the woods are a buddhaful thing, I wood go out and see dem. Paz esta en el aire que resperamos

_______________________________________________________________ Save rainforest for free with a Planet-Save.com e-mail account: http://www.planet-save.com