Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:25:18 -0700
From:         Brendan Coffey <bmc@THEORPHANAGE.COM>
Subject:      FOR SALE: '82 Vanagon w/'98 Jetta TDI Engine

This is a 1982 Vanagon GL with a '98 Jetta TDI! It's just had its starter and battery replaced. It starts clean, and runs very strong. The engine is a 1998 Jetta TDI AHU, with a 1.6TD injection pump. The turbo and manifolds are from an 80s Jetta. It's ready for your biodiesel conversion, or other diesel hobbyist project!

I've owned it about 6 months, and need to replace it with something I can take back and forth to Tahoe this winter. It was given to me as a gift by a personal friend who replaced it with a newer Vanagon. Both I and the previous owner (he had it about 3 years) have had no mechanical problems with this car.

Pictures: http://section9.net/photo/20050826_Vanagon/

A short list of upgrades done by the previous owner:

Rare 5 speed diesel vanaon transaxle, rebuilt, run on synthetic oil, higher than stock gearing...perfect shape.

5 speed style engine cradle bars and rubber mounts--those are modified to keep the engine in the proper 4-speed location...not the bogus moved-back-two inches factory system.

The left rubber engine mount is new...a 135 dollar part.

Heated black leather driver's seat.

GL passenger's seat that swivels around to face aft.

Custom guage console in front of shifter....mechanical oil pressure guage, boost guage, VDO exh. temp gauge but it needs a new sender on the engine.

Two batteries, with battery disconnect switch by driver's seat for the aux. batt.

Extra 10 gallon fuel tank, with fuel switching valve by driver's seat.

Round fog lights in the grill.

Special headlights, with replaceable bulbs, European style.

New rear KYB shocks, 85 front suspension.

I'm asking $2500 obo.

Email or call 408/205-0031. The car is in San Francisco.