Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Sep 2005 09:56:44 -0700
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: HELP NEEDED-84 WESTY BROKEN DOWN IN NEBRASKA..pls read

This could very well could be what happened to me last year on a road trip, a clogged tank.

Garbage in my tank from a gas station in Bakersfield clogged the tank outlet.

What finally got me going again was running reversing the pump polarity and running the pump backwards to backflush the pump which cleared the garbage (plastic, stirng, leaves, etc) away from the outlet.

You run the pump full time with the engine off by bridging the 30 and 87 terminal of the fuel pump relay.

That's what it sounds like to me, though I could only go a few miles and then it would stall, working down to about 100 feet before it would stall.

I went all the way over a mountain grade on the shoulder , 100 feet at a time.I ended up under a covered bridge in Southern Oregon in pouring reain backflushing the pump.

Robert

1982 Westfalia

____________________________________________________ Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs