Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Sep 2005 18:39:27 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Standard Repair Times - Rings / Heads
Comments: To: Michael Edwards <medwards1@TRIAD.RR.COM>

Robert Cardo and Dennis Haynes have pretty much summed it up.

I might just add that historically on some engines, when the rings are replaced along with a valve job, it is wise to do a bottom end overhaul because with the top end like new it's going to put some heavy loads on already worn parts on the bottom end and they will fail a lot sooner. So it would pay to do it while the engine is down and apart. I can't speak to air cooled engines but this doen't seem to be the case with the WBX. The crank and case for the WBX is very stout, and you shouldn't have any problems unless you have a really high mileage engine in the first place.

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver