Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 Sep 2005 18:14:15 -0700
From:         Aaron <lists@MYCOMMUNITYNET.NET>
Subject:      Fridge questions...

Hello all. I am trying to figure out how to get my fridge to light.

I've already cleaned the jet, and made sure that everything was connected. It never did work. So I pulled it again and rigged up a regulator & hose to attach it to a BBQ tank. From what I can tell, there doesn't appear to be ANY gas getting into the chamber. At least it doesn't smell like there is. I cleaned the jet (in alcohol) and can see light through it, so I am fairly certain that it is clear.

Currently the fridge is not hooked up to 12v, so I don't know if that is my fist issue in testing it out of the van. Will it light on propane without being hooked to 12v?

So, with that in mind, I have a few questions.

When I am lighting it, I pump A(far left), hold down B, have C turned to MAX, D (the rocker switch) set to propane and E set to propane. I would assume that by holding down B, I am allowing propane into the chamber which should be lit when I spark A.

What is the small nozzle near the sparker? It looks like it is attached to the propane by switch B. By holding down B, am I letting gas through the nozzle which is ignited by the spark? How is the main pilot light lit (it comes in from the side away from the sparkercorrect?)? I don't think that any gas gets through if that is what is supposed to happen. I had it hooked up, held button B and tried to light it with the pan loosened. I can see a spark. I can't smell propane at all no matter how long I hold button B. I should be able to smell it correct?

So in short, I am not sure what I need to do in order to get this to work. I would love to get it working this weekend, so any tips would be great!!! It's my main fridge and 110V is not an option. As such, I am eating a lot of dry goods.

So let me know if you have any suggestions. None of the help I read referred to what to do if you aren't getting propane.

Thanks! Aaron