Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Sep 2005 09:43:34 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: alternative carburetion of FI 2.0 Liter vanagon engine???
Comments: To: "Gary Lee, Vanagon Racks" <gary2a@TELUS.NET>

We in this country - the 48 contiguous states plus Alaska - have incredible natural gas reserves. Way more than oil. It's interesting that we are so hung up on oil. The natural gas is a far better fuel so far as environment is concerned. Produces essentially CO2 and water when burned. So far as the environment and air quality is concerned, fuel types is not the problem, but the volume that is being consumed and the resulting volumes of green house gases being released into tthe atmosphere. Our ever increasing population numbers world wide, increasing the demand for fuels which add more greenhouse gases, is going to have to have a cap sooner or later, or we are in bigger trouble than anyone realizes.

I've told this story before - I'll tell it again.

When studying bacteriology a long time ago, I watched a bacterial colony growing on a growth(blood) media in the center of a petri dish. As the colony continued to consume the media, it grew outward in a circle, since there was plenty of food in that direction. As it grew, the media in the center of the dish was used up and toxins of metabolism began to accumulate. Death and corruption began to occur to bacteria in the middle of the colony and it turned black, but the colony was still growing almost exponentially. As the colony continued to grow in the direction of the limits of it environment - the sides of the petri dish, the center continued to die off in a bigger and bigger circle. The dying was slower than the growth. Then one day the colony reach the walls of the petri dish - the limits of it's world, the limits of it's environment. However, the dying center continued to expand, moving further and further towards the sides of the dish. Soon, after all the blood had been consumed, the toxins of metabolism continued to build and the circle of death finally reached the walls to the petri dish. The whole colony died.

There are some serious lessons folks, to be learned from that bacterial colony in that petri dish. We had better wise up.

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver