Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 11 Sep 2005 09:50:23 -0700
From:         Larry Chase <roadguy@ROADHAUS.COM>
Subject:      Re: michelin agilis tire pressure
Comments: cc: jfpoolio@gmail.com, Michael Snow <mwsnow@gmail.com>

Michael,

I really appreciate the update.

You are right ... I had the model numbers mixed up a bit.

Also it appears Michelin updated the specs from 1994.

Attached are the specs files frm 2004 and new ones frm 2005

But the changes are very minimal.

Thanks for pointing this out .... I've updated the info.

The basic specs didn’t change so the inflation recommendations for Jon remain the same.

"where you're getting the load table data"

BTW ... My long range goal is to post Load Inflation Tables for every popular Vanagon tire.

This is great info to help us dial in correct Inflation Pressures.

I have five main sources for this and other technical data.

1) Tire & Rim Associations "Year Book Guide" which covers USA tire sizes

2) ETRTO: "Standards Manual" which covers Eurpoean tire sizes

3) I've been able to connect with a Tire Design Egr from Kumho (thks to a fellow Vanagon owner)

4) Lastly Tire Manufactures Tech Support. - I've had good luck getting "email" responses frm Michelin.

5) TireRack.Com Tech Support

"Do you have load tables for the Agilis 81?"

The Inflation Table info I posted on the Agilis Load Index "D" / Max Load 1875 Tire is accurate.

The error was the model number not the spec data.

Model: Agilis 81 Size: 185R14 Load Range: 102 Load Index: D Max Load: 1874 lbs Max Inflation Pressure:  65 psi

The load inflation Table info:

35 psi 40psi 45psi 50psi 55psi 60psi 65psi 1142lbs 1271lbs 1396lbs 1519lbs 1708lbs 1790lbs 1874psi

So following I'd inflate the Agilis 81 tire to: Front - 45psi Rear - 55psi

Then adjust slightly up or down.

good road, good adventure larry chase www.roadhaus.com www.roadhaus.com/shops.html www.roadhaus.com/tires.html

-----Original Message----- From: Michael Snow [mailto:mwsnow@gmail.com] Sent: Saturday, September 10, 2005 9:24 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Cc: Larry Chase; jfpoolio@gmail.com Subject: Re: michelin agilis tire pressure

Clipped >>>>

Again, Larry, your data for these tires is incorrect. The correct numbers are:

Clipped >>>

where you're getting the load table data from Do you have load tables for the Agilis 81?

-- Michael Snow 1987 Syncro GL camper 1986 GL 1982 Westfalia 1.9D