Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 11 Sep 2005 22:34:55 -0400
From:         Jonathan Poole <jfpoolio@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: battery charger for less than 20 dollars and 20 minutes
Comments: To: roadguy@roadhaus.com

Sorry about the links,, I guess gmail got the best of them,, if you were interested in the charger photos they are @ *http://tinyurl.com/dd2dt*<http://www.villagephotos.com/members/album.asp?folder_id=1453584> the shower can be seen @ *http://tinyurl.com/9j8x2*

I hope those work,, Jonathan Poole On 9/11/05, Larry Chase <roadguy@roadhaus.com> wrote: > > > John > > Would you pls repost your links or perhaps use tinyurl.com<http://tinyurl.com> > > I can't make any of the links in your post work. > > BTW ... Where are you camped currently? > > good road, good adventure > > larry chase > > www.roadhaus.com <http://www.roadhaus.com> > www.roadhaus.com/shops.html <http://www.roadhaus.com/shops.html> > www.roadhaus.com/tires.html <http://www.roadhaus.com/tires.html> > > - - - > > Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 18:38:28 -0400 > From: Jonathan Poole <jfpoolio@GMAIL.COM> > Subject: battery charger for less than 20 dollars and 20 minutes > > Until today my second battery was only charged when I ran the engine > and=20 > since I am hanging out in one place a lot right now (thanks to the > amazing= > =20 wnc weather and recreation!) my battery hasn't been seeing much time > at > ful= l=20 charge. As I understand it that will eventually ruin a battery > so > I set up = a=20 charger that will automatically charge/maintain the house > battery whenever = I=20 plug the van in. Someone might have already posted > a > better alternative=20 solution but I wanted to share some photos in case > anyone needed some more= =20 ideas for a similar charging setup. The > charger > was about 18 bucks at=20 wal-mart and the only other part that I needed > was > some double adhesive=20 velcro that used to stick the charger to the > shelf. > The only real=20 modification that I made was cutting the loop end off of > the lead wire on= =20 the dc side so that I could insert it into the fuse > connection for the hous= e=20 power. Installation was very easy and quick > and only took ten or fifteen=20 minutes. See the charger setup photos at: > http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=3D1453584< > http://www.= > villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=3D1453583&foldername=3Dcharger<http://villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=3D1453583&foldername=3Dcharger> > > > Also if you want to see the shower system that I use go to: =20 > > http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=3D1453583&foldername=3D= > Shower > Jonathan Poole > '82 ac westy > > >