Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:33:14 -0700
From:         Kim Springer <kimspringer@RCN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Camper A/C Switch (Outrageously Expensive)

I second Mikes idea:

I am still in the process of doing the wiring for my AC. When I put the meter to the fan switch is didn't work at all. So I took it apart and carefully cleaned up the contacts, which had a small but thick and significant deposit of copper oxide green looking stuff on them. I used some fine grit wet sanding paper, no water, just enough to clean it up.

I then spread the grease on the rest of the switch back over the contact areas. I think this grease is meant to keep the contact from corroding.

All fixed!

Do it, it's cheap and what have you got to lose?

Kim Springer '89 Tristar 2WD White

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Collum" <collum@VERIZON.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 3:16 PM Subject: Re: Camper A/C Switch (Outrageously Expensive)