Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:32:10 +1200
From:         pronks <john.pronk@XTRA.CO.NZ>
Subject:      Re: interesting lifter thinking?? 1.9L still a problem child
              (update)
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>

Dennis is correct, adjust them as per the Bentley, 2 turns and let them bleed down. You guys who are adjusting for 0 or 6 thou lash are asking for trouble! Have you seen the small wire clip holding the guts of the lifter in its bore? You are going to pump that sucker out. I have seen this on a couple of waterboxers now. Found the wire clips in the sump area, probably after they had passed thru every lubricated internal surface of the engine! If you want 6 thou clearance install solid lifters. I have never had a problem adjusting lifters. If you are you are either not starting from zero lash when you set the two turns, not waiting for them to bleed down, you have stuffed lifters, you have no oil pressure or a combination of all these. Thanks for your time, John.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis Haynes" <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 3:02 PM Subject: Re: interesting lifter thinking?? 1.9L still a problem child (update)