Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Sep 2005 14:21:42 -0700
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: steel wheel modification
Comments: To: Aaron Pearson <Aaron.Pearson@gxt.com>

On 9/14/05, Aaron Pearson <Aaron.Pearson@gxt.com> wrote: > > i have a set of 15x6 steel wheels in my garagae from a jeep wrangler > that i no longer own. the bolt pattern is 5x114.3, so they won't fit on > my 5x112 van. is it possible to knock out the centers of my van's steel > wheels, and mate them with the jeep wheels?

<SNIP> Aaron, Places like Stockton Wheel in California provides this type of service on a regular. The one caveat on this conversion is interior size. If you are installing something like a SA big brake kit, They are not likely going to fit in the resulting space created with your small 14" steel wheel tub even with a larger rim. I would be more inclined to have them re-weld a 1998-later Passat steel rim to the correct offset and width or use as is as JordanVW recommends. BenT "something evil this way comes... 5th Annual Van-O-Rama Sept 24th. in South San Francisco