Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 11 Sep 2005 12:50:11 -0700
From:         Wognacious <wognacious@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Grill for vent at door

I just made a pretty nasty discovery in my 85 Westy. For that past few days I've been getting whiffs of something foul in the air. I recently got new sandals so I was pretty sure that it wasn't my feet. Started sniffing around and discovered that the odor was coming from the channel behind the drivers seat. There is supposed to be a grill there that meshes with the rubber grommet/gasket on the edge of the door. It's the called rear air duct gasket, has louvers that point down. Anyway mine was gone and apparently on my trip to Oregon a week ago a little mouse got in the channel and well I imagine you can guess the rest. Thankfully there is a plastic plug located on the underside of the van to get junk out if some happens to get in there. I would like to avoid something like this happening again. So my plea goes out to the list. Does anyone have a spare rear air duct gasket available for sale? If it matters it's the one on the drivers side. I was wondering why there was always flies in the van. TIA, Paul Rogers 85 Westy