Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Sep 2005 22:31:31 -0500
From:         Joel Walker <jwalker17@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Frydaye Phollees ... arfull quiet out on the western front ...

ok, it's still Friday where i are and you folks are awful quiet out there. so here goes nuthin ... :)

SONNET #43

From the Portuguese Man-of-War By Lizzie Barrel Browning .50 cal.

How do I drive thee? Let me count the ways. I drive thee to the length and breadth and height My bumpers reach, when feeling, not by sight, For the ends of other Cars in parking space.

I drive thee by the headlights glowing trace At Dawn, and Dusk, and yawning dead of Night. I drive thee slowly, in the lanes upon the Right; I drive thee quickly, when in Rushing Hour's Race.

I drive thee with a verve I seldom choose In other cars, when out upon the Lanes; But then a Calm descends upon my Brain, And daily Woes and Worries oft I lose.

So, all in all, I drive thee with the Smiles, And shall but drive thee more, for years and miles.

SONNET #8,349.2 (Name Game)

From the Sonnets from the Manganese by Lizzie Barrel Browning .50 cal.

How shall I call thee? What shall be thy Name? The name of Roses matters not to those Who smell the Flower's sweet Perfume and close Their eyes to fondly see a Face again.

Should Names reflect some Memories of Olde? Or attributes of Strength, or Skill, or Dare? Or should I give thee ancient names to wear Of People, Places, Things in Tales still told?

Or should a Name be new, and picked from Now? A chosen Symbol of the Modern Times? Somewhere, Someone, Something - a Name that mimes Our View of Life to all somehow.

But thou art naught but steel, glass and rubber ... Eureka, That's it: thy name is Bubba!!

:) unca joel