Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 17 Sep 2005 05:29:57 -0400
From:         Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Starter - windings available?
Comments: To: Dennis <guskersthecat@YAHOO.COM>

Why didn't you just get a Bosch rebuild from the get-go? I sell these all the time and install them for customers. Maybe I have one a year that has a problem. On the other hand I have had customers go to the local electrical rebuild shops and get their alternators and starters rebuilt. They last about a year or less. The cheaper rebuilds you can get from Advance Auto, or Auto Zone, you are just rolling the dice on. They may be good or not. The Bosch rebuilds are almost 100% great and the part looks like new when you put it on too.

Just FYI, Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com