Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:36:14 -0500
From:         Bruce Nadig <motorbruce@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: please help me decide!
Comments: To: aircooledchris@EUCASAFARI.VENDIOWEB.COM

Chris,

Your subject line is: Please Help Me Decide. Unfortunately you are the only one that can, or should, make this type of decision.

You wrote, "I have a feeling that if I let my love for this one get the best of me, ill probably end up regretting it." From my experience, not just with vehicles but with life in general, is that what you will regret passing on an opportunity that only comes around once. Chances are that you will never have this opportunity again.

When you are old and sitting in a rocking chair do you want to be kicking yourself for not buying back that bus that you love? It is more than just the bus, it is all the things that the bus represents: your first bus, the road trips that you may have taken in that bus, the little adventures that only two people can share in a bus like that, your college days, freedom, mobility, learning mechanical work and pride. I don't know you or your history with the bus, but surely it probably represents at least a couple of the items I mentioned above.

Don't ever look at this bus as an investment. I can guarantee you that you will put far more money into that bus than you will ever be able to recover. You are not making a financial investment with anticipation of future return. You are buying a singular object that means more to you than it ever will to anyone else.

Keep these things in mind, and make the decision that is right for you.

Best of luck to you, Chris!

Cheers, Bruce motorbruce@hotmail.com

P.S. I still own and use the microwave oven that I took in partial trade for my first bus, a 21-window '67 Deluxe Sunroof model. I'll never have that bus again, but I'm gonna hold on to that microwave oven for dear life (and I've had the microwave for 14 years now).