Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Sep 2005 00:32:01 -0700
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      FS: rare set of 16" X 7" Ronal R9 on ET23 w/ tires. Fits Vanagons
              2wd or Syncros. See at Van-O-Rama
Comments: To: syncrodoublecabs@yahoogroups.com

Hi All,

First off sorry for the crosspost for those on multiple Lists.

I will be bring these to Van-O-Rama to ffer for sale before it goes on Ebay. Used set. Some scratches from normal use except one of the lugholes has heavy scrapes due to removal on wheel locks. They are white with originally polished lips. I was going to have them all powder coated silver.

Comes with 3 matching 50 series tires. The 4th one got damaged have a 5th tire in same size but different brand. Thread is still very good but some cracking happened during storage.

You wil get four (4) wheels of which one has a slight dip on one edge. You would not notice it until you inspect up close. Plus you will get a 5th wheel which has been hit on a curb hard. It is not cracked and is professionally rebuildable for $50-$100 depending on what you want as a finish.

Anyway, after all that disclaimer, 5 wheels and tires. Asking $560. Will consider other 15" and larger Vanagon or Porsche wheels in full or partial trade. I will also trade for work on my cars or vans. Keep in mind folks that these 16's and not the more common 15's. These were used by AMG on Mercedes cars priced at $500+ per wheel. I've seen pics of Projektzwo prepped T3's with these as well. The difference between those wheels and these is the letters "AMG" they stamp by hand for the AMG models.

Please, please. I can do w/o the screaming if you are thinking the price is too high. I am quiet familiar with how much these usually sell online. AMG and Vanagon fans compete for these on Ebay and drive their prices over what other comparable sized alloy wheels. If you are on a budget, these wheels are probably not for you. They are for those who have to have the R9's on their ride.

I will be bringing other surplus from my alloy wheel stash. I have three sets of Ronal R9's but these are best combo of width and offset IMHO. If they don't sell next weekend, you will see them on my 88 Doka next Van-O-Rama.

Please pmail me if you are interested. I will get the size and brand names of the tires tomorrow.

-- BenT