Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Sep 2005 05:39:04 EDT
From:         Jeff Oxroad <Oxroad@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Exciting things happening at Van-Again!
Comments: To: JordanVw@aol.com

In a message dated 9/15/2005 10:58:23 AM Pacific Standard Time, JordanVw@AOL.COM writes:

>>Heavens Gate people...werent they those crazies in california who committed >>mass suicide thinking they were going to ride on a comet into deep space a few >>years ago? No, Chris, they weren't gonna ride a comet into deep space. That would be ridiculous! They were gonna ride the space ship from the mother planet that was following behind the comet ;)

If memory serves me the Heavens Gate people all dressed in black and even had identical black Nike running shoes before they committed mass suicide in bunkbeds in some mansion. Why Nike, you've gotta wonder. The best for space travel?

But to me the point that stood out was each dead Heaven's Gate member had a roll of quarters on them reportedly on the advice of their leader to pay tolls on the way to where ever they were going as they traveled on the spaceship which was following the comet. I'm not making this up, although I can't swear the information that hit the news was accurate. Let's assume it was, because that'll be more fun.

You've gotta wonder about the human race as a whole. Because while most of us didn't commit suicide with the Heaven's Gate crew, we are all in some way cut from the same cloth. If some other being/species/whatever, was watching our world from an altitude even as low as say, 10 stories high, you can imagine them looking down saying, "Why don't they get along? They're all the same." Because from that height we're all the same. And so they'd be right--I mean sort of.

And where to they (we) get off thinking intergalactic tolls accept American money? There wasn't one guy in the bunch of Heaven's Gate people who said, "Hey, wait a minute...American money is accepted in outer space?" The outcome would have been real different if just one Heaven's Gater spoke up.

And for us, that one who spoke up and has kept us all from lying down in black with a roll of quarters is Chris (_gronski@gmail_ (mailto:gronski@gmail) ). I say "thanks" Chris for pointing out what may be obvious to some but not to all.

Pop Top Heaven's roll of quarters was the alleged "buyer" who was willing to give $6000 for a Syncro. From that one roll of quarters we can deduce that the whole trip through space and the whole "fair valuation" offer and everything else that follows it is a scam. PTH is a reseller and no one nowhere would spend time brokering a deal for the very article they sell with the knowledge that buying that item for themselves at such a price would easily DOUBLE their investment. And with this knowledge of getting an item at half the market price they're gonna broker it off for 10%, say $600 finders fee. C'mon! let's conviene back on Earth.

The valuation offer was a scam. It looks like a duck and it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck.

WAKE UP, intergalactic tolls don't take American currency, and people who lie are liars. They don't stop lying because they've passed the valuation process. They may start backpeddling though.

That is my early morning Friday rant.

Best, Jeff 83.5 Westy LA,CA