Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 25 Sep 2005 17:55:14 +0000
From:         Larry Frank <lfrankjr@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      FS: 1981 VW Vanagon Westfalia

A sudden move to Colorado from Ann Arbor, Michigan is forcing the sale of my 1981 Vanagon Westfalia. We have to have the house packed up and out the door Thursday night, and the van needs to be gone by then. I'll take the best offer I can get at this point. If its not gone by Thursday I may need to just ship it off to the scrap yard. It has over 180,000 miles. The odometer is broken and has been as long as I've had the van. I've driven it maybe 2000 miles in the two years I've had it. It starts and runs, but very rough. I don't know how far I would drive it. I sat for about 9 months over the winter (we had a new baby and I had no time for the van) and when I started it up early this summer it hasn't run right since. I don't have a compression tester so I don't know what is going on internally. The interior has a modification or two. The rear cabinet is gone. Replaced with a shorter custom built storage unit. It also has some new fabric on the rear bed. The stove works, but I've never tried the refrigerator. The canvas is in good shape, with just a couple of very small tears. Previous owner replaced the brakes on all 4 wheels as well as the pop top seal. He also outfitted the van with 4 nokian hakkapeliittas which are in almost new shape. I have it advertised in the local paper but unfortunately it got put in the recreational vehicle section so there hasn't been any real activity. The van is located in Ann Arbor. You can view some images of the van at http://home.comcast.net/~lfrankjr/ and I can take more if you need to see them.