Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 Sep 2005 19:35:24 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: salvage titles  (was:  re: .....
Comments: To: Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@YAHOO.COM>

When I had my engine rebuilt, there at the shop was an 89 GL that was absolutely perfect - and had a salvage title. Why?? Well, it seems someone stole the engine and transmission, and the insurance company decided it was to expensive to replace so they totaled the vehicle. The garage mechanic had bought the hulk for a song and was building up a new engine and tranny for it. I thought my van was in really prime shape at the time, but this thing made mine look like a poor relative. Yet the 89 had a salvage title, and the mechanic was worrying about whether or nor he was going to be able to sell it or not.

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver