Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:35:04 -0700
From:         roger sisler <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Bus Depot  auxillary battery hook up kit #1738-cant figure it out

Hello again, I recieved this kit a few days ago, and for the life of me, cannot figure it out.I asked for and recieved additional instruction by email.These instructions have been displayed on the list before and are mostly theory. What I need is actual step by step installation instructions that say , for example , the yellow wire goes from the negative battery post , to the ground screw on the frame: the blue/red wire goes from terminal #30 of the relay,to the positive post of the battery.The best I can figure from the instructions that I have, and the parts that I have been supplied with, that I am supposed to hook up one of these wires to the positive post of the auxillary battery by drilling a hole into the top of this battery post and using a sheet metal screw to attach a wire. That is, one of the 2 wires that has such an "O"connector on one of its' ends.Never heard of a battery hook up like this(not that it isnt kosher), and cant understand how a consumer is expected to come to this deduction on their own without suspecting that parts are missing or that this is the wrong kit.I mean this is such an unusual, seldom seen arrangement.The price is right($20), but it dosent look like the Go Westy kit in the web cataloge(my only other comparison avaliable). I see that that kit has 2 connectors that obviously go to each terminal of the battery. I wouldnt even need instructions for that. I have a brown wire and a blue/red wire and 2 others. Can someone tell me which wire goes where for an 1985 westy. This is a bone stock westy without any additional bells or whistles. I understand that there may be more complex set ups out there that have special schematics , but these instructions are just too bare for such a potentially dangerous set up. How are these wires supposed to connect to the battery? Do I need additional parts? How do I know which is a AWG#10 wire , and which is another AWG rating?I think I got most of it figured out, but I am just not sure.I would rather program a VCR, and this just cant be as complicated as it seems .Thanks, Roger

--------------------------------- Yahoo! for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.