Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:57:54 -0400
From:         Brent Weide <brent_weide@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Instrument Light Bulb Type and Brightness Questions

Two questions here....

I have a total of four bulbs burnt out on my 91 Multivan. Two in the auto trans shift console, and one in each of the 2 fan controls in the dash. According to the collective internet brain there were two different types of light bulbs for lighting up the vanagon dash. One type (Part Number : 431919040** on vanagain.com), which installs with a quarter twist, lights up the gauges and digi clock. Another type (Part Number : N0177512** on vanagain.com) is used for the fan controls and auto trans console.

Can anyone validate this?

Another question about the quarter turn type of bulb which installs in the gauge cluster.....I see that vanagain.com has two different wattages for those bulbs, 1.2 (has black base) and 2.0 watt (has white base). Does anyone know if I can just swap in 2.0 watt bulbs and expect better illumination of the gauges? Will I burn anything up or radiate myself or anything?

Thanks again, Brent