Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:35:38 -0700
From:         "Skarloken, Donna S." <DSkarloken@REEDSMITH.COM>
Subject:      Re: carpet - Cleaning
Comments: To: Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>

My 19 year old son put a transmission from a Mercedes in my Wolfsburg without my knowledge. Naturally tranny fluid spilled on the rug. We washed it, scrubbed it, hosed it down and I thought it was ok. Looked at it a few days later and the stain is back - any suggestions, or am I stuck buying a new carpet?

We have three pickups in our family - why my son chose to use my Wolfsburg like a pickup I'll never know.

Donna

-----Original Message----- Subject: Re: carpet - Cleaning

I buy several bottles of Rubbing Alcohol and just pour them on and scrub them into the carpet. It gets the grease and brake fluid out and being Alcohol I can just rinse the carpets with water from my garden hose. I've never seen it remove any glue or harm the insulation.

Stan Wilder