Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 24 Sep 2005 04:45:46 -0400
From:         Brent Weide <brent_weide@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Blaupunkt stereos

In my first vanagon, a 90 Multivan, I replaced the stock Heidelberg with a Blaupunkt Orlando CD72. The installation was as easy as fallin off a rock as the vendor included a harness adapter, cage, and everything I needed. I no longer own that van but still miss the "Thumber" remote device which attached nicely to the vanagon steering wheel and allowed me to mute, adjust volume, and change tracks or stations without losing track of the road. The Orlando has good power with something like 25 watts X 4 RMS, fairly respectable for a headunit. I've recently installed an Alpine Head Unit in my 91 Multivan and am very happy with the result. Excellent fm reception, an input for my mp3 player, two sets of outputs for amps, and a builtin cd player. I highly recommend Alpine on everything but there relatively high prices.

As to the job of installing a headunit, I think it's fairly simple. Remember though, that when picking out a head unit for a vanagon, you don't want to purchase too deep of a unit. Seems like 6 1/2" was the depth of the Alpine and Blaunpunkt. Anyway, compare your current unit depth to the one you purchase to make sure it will fit in the space allowed. Best of luck, Brent http://www.weidefamily.net/vanagon/