Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 Sep 2005 00:47:14 -0700
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Van-O-Rama is it?
Comments: To: Kim Springer <kimspringer@rcn.com>

On 9/26/05, Kim Springer <kimspringer@rcn.com> wrote: > Ben, > > Thanks for putting together the event this last weekend. A few hours of fun and a good get-away from the regular Saturday routine. You should do it 2X/year maybe? It would be fun to see the same folks a few times a year to see how the projects are progressing, new vehicles, etc. > > So I was to be the 4th Doka, but left mine in the shop with short circuits in the radiator fan circuits. No low speed, and the high speed was blowing the fuse. > > Turns out the P.O. did some fancy wiring to bypass the relays. Turns out the wires were never tightened down on the switch he installed. Turns out one of the relays is bad also. > > Beware work done by P.O.s, especially wiring. > > Thanks again Ben, > > Kim Springer > '89 Tristar 2WD #7

Kim,

That is why many of us refer to them as the DPO (dreaded previous owner). I was disappointed that your Tristar did not make it. I was nice to see Stacy's Doka again though. I'm glad Mr. Mom came with you. Poor Stacy was terrorized by his little Adam. The little tyke did have more than a passing resemblance to his daddy.

We do have other get-togethers in the Bay Area during the year. Mike Miller usually co-promotes the Burning Van during the colder months. It is more of a bonfire get together though. If there is enough interest I am happy to put more events together. I did find this past Saturday a blast compared to other times except maybe VOR #2 when the SA group purchase SF delivery, and the Overland Eng. Conversion Demo was done during the event. More than 120 vans came in and out that day. Still this past Saturday was way cooler because it seemed that we had the place all to ourselves. I though the place was perfect for what we needed. It's really ironic that I originally planned the first Van-O-Rama for this place 5 years ago. Eventually it moved to a small part of GG Park. Not it has made full circle for me. I think the next one will be at this place again.

Heck we can almost have a Dokafest here. I didn't realize there were so many of us here. I can think of at least a dozen local Dokas not counting the fact that I have three.

Pictures coming soon. You managed to escape getting your pic taken.

- BenT