Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Sep 2005 22:15:54 +0000
From:         Robert Rountree <syncro87@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      NVC.. weird e-mail writers?

NVC.. weird e-mail writers?

I'm not picking on anyone here.. I'm just asking a computer question..

I use a basic ASCII only program to write and read my email.. I subscribe to a couple of different apache list servers, and on them people seem to complain about all the quote backs and weird code wasting bandwidth in their digests, they don't seem to feel the need to read something really long 5 times again...I know about archives, that's what the subject line does (is for). They feel some writers don't seem to know how to cut, paste and SNIP.. Being a generous & kind person, I put up with this, I know the offenders are just sweet old normal helpless social dinks, with something to add..... What I want to know... because this list has an above average computer literate bunch of cats is.....what the heck is this new unreadable code crap... where I get nothing but total garbage code... is that Foxfire, Opera, Godzilla, penguin language or what kind of writer/reader program cranks out that stuff?.. it's bad enough trying to make out things with all the 20B's between every line, which some program does (that is HTML code for enter or ' right?)... enlighten me old wise nerds.. which programs, do what, to basic 128 character ASCII?... .. do these programs have a switch, that needs turning off, like a security setting they are using to scramble the message? (is it that simple?)... sort of like reminding an old fart who's gone for 20 blocks slow in the left lane with his right blinker on..... could you please return to normal highway traffic act operational signaling procedures..... I hope they don't start using those programs at different air traffic control centers.... Hey I know...lets make up our own really smart new traffic signs and switch them with the old useless ones around town and see how it improves things..

inquiring minds want to know, it's Fri.... right?

RR