Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Sep 2005 13:17:52 -0700
From:         Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@TELUS.NET>
Subject:      Re: This might be goodbye for a while(NVC)
Comments: To: Christopher Gronski <gronski@GMAIL.COM>

Hi All. Just spent 15 minutes on the phone talking with Robert. He has delivered the dresser to his sister and is agonising over whether to retain his current lawyer, who seems to have dropped the ball but is now trying to retrieve it, or try and find new representation at the 11th hour. He is supposed to vacate the house at 5:00 PM PDT. I urged him to call James, who at least could be there for him, and he said that he would. I sure hope that he comes through this all right. Jake ----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Gronski" <gronski@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 12:59 PM Subject: Re: This might be goodbye for a while(NVC)

Robert mentioned something about loading the dresser into his westy and bringing it to his sister, that may have been where he is(was) when you called.

Chris

On 9/30/05, james@icebox500.com <icebox500@gmail.com> wrote: > I've tried to call to offer help and/or storage but I get no answer. If > anyone has gotten involved and wants to contact me, feel free. > > James aka Coupe > 206-383-8704 >

On 9/30/05, Christopher Gronski <gronski@gmail.com> wrote: > THERE HAS TO BE SOMEONE IN SEATTLE THAT CAN HELP ROBERT MOVE THIS DRESSER! > > Robert - have you called a moving company? A couple hundred bucks is > worth avoiding the legal hassles and bills... > > Chris > > On 9/30/05, Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@yahoo.com> wrote: > > Dear Vanagon friends, > > > > I want to say it means a lot to me how you have > > e-mailed me and phoned since I told you my > > problems. > > > > Alan Sinclair is a saint- all of you have made me > > feel like a "good guy" in the face of the things > > that are being said to me otherwise in the court. > > Being framed is no fun, but I hope that things > > will turn around and justice still can be found > > in the courts. > > > > Because I am unable to move the 90 year old > > heirloom dresser the court ordered me to bring to > > my sister, and remove all my belongings, I am > > going to ask my sister again if she will let me > > stay. > > She told me this morning she might, then called > > back : her lawyer said no. > > > > I went to a prayer meeting tonight and there is a > > guy who I talked to that said he will try to find > > an atty for me that can go to the court and ask > > for a stay of eviction. > > > > Or maybe I can ask the judge myself? I don't > > know, it seems like you should be able to ask him > > yourself if you don't have anyone to represent > > you. > > > > I have to be out of the house by 5:00 PM Friday. > > There is still a chance I can talk to my sister > > to let me stay. I could not find anyone to help > > me move the dresser into my van- the court order > > says if I don't bring to her 100 miles away, they > > will put me in jail. Maybe in jail I will get an > > atty? > > > > Robert > > > > 1982 Westfalia > > > > 206-878-8423 Seattle > > > > > > > > __________________________________ > > Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 > > http://mail.yahoo.com > > > > > On 9/29/05, Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@telus.net> wrote: > > Appropriate and timely, considering Robert's current situation. Jake > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: <JordanVw@AOL.COM> > > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > > Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 10:18 AM > > Subject: Re: This might be goodbye for a while(NVC) > > > > > > > In a message dated 9/29/05 12:58:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time, > > > JordanVw@AOL.COM writes: > > > > > > > > > > good grief malcom.. that was pretty damn cold.. > > > > > > i apologise for jumping down your throat malcolm.. its just that your > > > response insinuating he was an outside spammer struck me the wrong way.. > > > i still think a direct apology to robert would be appropriate.. > > > > > >