Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Sep 2005 21:20:36 -0400
From:         David Bohannan <fjazzbass@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Only on fridays in Alabama
Comments: To: Jim Felder <felder@knology.net>

He said "I've got one, and > I'm in such a good mood over beating my partner in this game that I'm > going to give it to you." > > And he did. > > Jim >

Jim,

Only with a vanagon....I don't think I've ever owned another vehicle that people would do that type of thing for...

Sort of like the story of my most recent acquisition...

To make a long story short (I think) I bought my first vanagon a year ago and had looked at 2 of them...they were both the same price and in similar condition (good) but one person was home to let me buy it whereas the other person was not...the price for both vanagons...identical...500 bucks...

I followed up only to find that person's ad removed from the paper...I thought it had sold...out of curiosity I would drive by if I were in the neighborhood...it was still there...

Fast forward to present...6 months after selling our home in Illinois and moving to Florida, it was time to go get our things out of storage back in Illinois...moving personal effects for 8 people is no easy task, so we had rented the largest truck possible, only to find out that we could not tow a trailer behind it...although they asked if we wanted to tow a car. I declined based on the fact that we were flying up there to retrieve these things...filed the whole trailer idea in the back of my mind...

We arrived to start sorting through my things trying to figure out how much more of it we could give away or whatever....My dad and I had some time to kill before meeting a friend of mine before he headed out of town and I decided I would, for old times sake, drive by that old $500 Veedub if it were still there...just thinking...maybe, just maybe...

Slam dunk...I knocked on the door...the girl was home...I would have paid her the whole 500 but she said she just wanted to be rid of it...she said 200...we found the battery was stolen out of it...she said to give her 150 bucks and we could have it...

Well, turns out, had we not picked up that Vanagon, we would have not been able to bring a TON of things...My wife was amazed as I unloaded it into the house...she was like "it was all in THAT??!?" I called the truck rental place, they reserved a flatbed trailer and the rest is history...

I have so little in this thing so far, its a shame it actually runs...

But, I take it as nothing less than divine intervention...had I bought it earlier it wouldn't have been there for me when I really needed it...

Dave 85 GL "baby bus" 85 "the keeper"