Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Sep 2005 19:19:12 -0700
From:         Daryl Christensen <aatransaxle@DIRECWAY.COM>
Subject:      limited slip differential for 2WD Vans
Comments: To: Stephen DeMocko <SDeMocko@FDSMFG.COM>
Comments: cc: Syncro@yahoogroups.com, gears@gte.net

I can get the torsen style LSD's for the 2wd vans for about $1175...They are brand newly designed and built by Peloquin Differential's who have been making great Jetta style diffs for years. The quality is very nice and I have seen no problems with any of them. Several of us rebuilders have been bugging gary for a couple years to get to building them. He is trying to fit one onto a locker also for the locking sydnco's, but that is a year away at least. Daryl of AA Transaxle Duvall, WA. (Seattle area) 1-877-377-0773 toll free 425-788-4070 aatransaxle.com 86 Syncro Westy WBXTurbo

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen DeMocko" <SDeMocko@FDSMFG.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 8:43 AM Subject: Re: [Syncro] Re: locking differential in vanagon

Volks, Hey you guys stop teasing me with all this talk about lockers and limited slip diffs for 2wd. Please tell be who makes them, where can I buy one, and ball park how much do they cost? Thanks Stephen DeMocko ('85 Westy Luci)

-----Original Message----- From: Daryl Christensen [mailto:aatransaxle@direcway.com] Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 8:37 AM To: BenT Syncro; SyncroWesty Cc: Syncro@yahoogroups.com Subject: [Syncro] Re: locking differential in vanagon

Just so some of you know...There is now a limited slip torsen type diff

available for the 2wd and non locker vans...Might be a simpler and a bit

cheaper route to go than a locker install for those of us who aren't big off roaders...

----- Original Message ----- From: "BenT Syncro" <syncro@gmail.com> To: "SyncroWesty" <syncrowesty@comcast.net> Cc: "felicia" <picknpray@yahoo.com>; <Syncro@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 8:00 PM Subject: Re: [Syncro] locking differential in vanagon

> Wow, Cory. That was quite emotional. I guess you've covered it all. Just > wanted to add that Joel VanderKvaak came to Van-O-Rama last Saturday with > a > slightly different solution to the locking diff problem. He simply took a > Syncro tranny and cut the power take-off for the driveshaft. The he > fabricated a bracket to bolt that into his 2wd. > I oversimplified that a bit but my point was just to say you do not need > to > spend big bucks installing a locker in your 2wd tranny if a cheaper good > used Syncro trans is available. All you need is some garage space and > skilled hands. > BenT > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > If you would like to modify your subscription settings (including > unsubscribing), visit: > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Syncro > Please remember that rude or offensive language is not allowed on the > Syncro list. Please try your best to resolve differences privately and

> keep them off the list. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > >

Yahoo! Groups Links