Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Sep 2005 00:03:16 -0700
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      This might be goodbye for a while(NVC)

Hello dear Vanagon listmembers-

It breaks my heart to tell you that so far, I have lost my struggle to stay home where I have lived with mother helping her since she had cancer in 1988. We moved here in 1955.

Mother bought me a '64 split window Bus in 1990 to reward me for helping her thru two difficult years of cancer , surgeries and radiation treatment. I stayed with mom here at our home the last 18 years of her life, and she made it 14 years til she was 84 before the cancer came back and Mom died August 14, 2004.

SInce her death, my well-to-do sister has been fighting to kick me out of her home , Mother's attorney came too late, forfeiting mom's chacne to sign it, and all this time I have been under siege from my estranged sister. My sister, owns a luxury home, motor home, lives on waterfront, and owns a motel in Shelton Washington. If only someone who knows me could talk to her.

Now , because my attorney had the deadline for my claim wrong, I lost in court and the judge gave me 2 weeks to move out so she can sell the house and take everything that she wants, and throw me in jail if it's not all out by Sept 30.

Since I can't physically do this in this time frame, I may lose all of my gas heaters, my tools, my vanagon stuff,(lost of conversion parts, new WBX engine, trans, etc and a 86 Westfalia I am restoring.

Even as I tell you this it's like science fiction-only it's real. Unless I have at least enough money to buiy her out, (they told me i needed to give her $220,000, and they would refund me about $60,000, I have to go.

I have been on this list since 1997. I never thought I would see this day, and my sister even drives a TDI New Beetle, her husband, a Volvo.

I guess you can't always tell a person by the car they drive. All my neigbors are sad, I have been here 50 years, some of them here for 32 years.

I lsot in court on my 53 birthday. It hurts to lsoe mom- who loved trips in the Westfalia, and ws very supportive of me in the heater and vanagon hobby business .

I really miss her, and I don't thing it's worng for me to say that my cruel sister makes the pain of this loss most unbearable.

Commenting on subjects on this list has helped me get my mind off some of this pain.

I have til Friday 5:00 to be out. I am going to go to my sister tomorrow to bring Mom's 90 year old dresser to her .I have no choice , court order. Maybe I can plead with her to give me more time, maybe the lawsuit and promise of money will persuade her- I have to try, as my efforts to hire a lawyer have failed.

It's unbearable to think of having to lose my home , where i have lived since I was three.

The house cost $11,500 in 1955. Now it's a ridculous $220,000. High prices are fostering greed?

She wants $75,000. And all the best of mom's stuff. I was very ill-advised to let her be PR.

I need a lawyer to go to court for me tomorrow and get a stay of eviction. My (old) lawyer refused.

Thanks for all of your support over the years- I have learned a lot, and I read the mail everyday.

I'll try to keep in touch, though i may not have a computer after friday-

I'm going to the church prayer meeting Thursday night.

If anybody in the Seattle area knows a lawyer or a loan shark give me a call. I'm not so sure of the loan shark. But Any loans you can count on me to pay back- and leads on laywers- I jsut can't find one to hire (probate litigation, malpractice) if someone is looking to buy a home or would jsut to help me save it to buy back- I guess i don't know where to turn. I guess I am in shock.

If my sister might just give me a couple more days to pack, anyone ner who can help me get a truck and storage would really help- I have a lot of stuff. I am still trying to get a stay from a judge.

Thanks for listening all these years-

Robert Keezer 206-878-8423 seattle warmerwagen@yahoo.com