Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Sep 2005 12:48:01 -0400
From:         Jim Henry <jhenry@JCHGIS.COM>
Subject:      Re: This might be goodbye for a while(NVC)
Comments: To: Malcolm Stebbins <mwstebbins@YAHOO.COM>

Malcolm, Robert has been a real and active member of this list for as long as I can remember. Obviously a lot longer that you have. He has been someone who has repeatedly gone out of his way to help other listmembers with any number of problems and tasks. In 2001, he put a lot of time and effort into inspecting a diesel camper for me there in Seattle with my goal being to meet my wife in Seattle, buy the camper, attend several family events in Oregon, Idaho and Montana, and drive our way back to the east coast. My own mother's health required everything to be canceled at the last minute, but Robert was a solid help. He seems to be one of the list's resident experts for auxiliary gas heaters and I am sure there are many folks that have turned to him for help there.

I wish that I was closer, or had unlimited resources to offer Robert some help. It has sounded like he was having a hard time for a while and could use a little community bolstering. I hope some of you in the Seattle area can check and see if there is something that you can do.

Jim Henry Durham, NC 84 Westy