Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2005, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Sep 2005 23:27:03 -0700
From:         Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@TELUS.NET>
Subject:      Re: Westys @ Watkins
Comments: To: Christopher Gronski <gronski@GMAIL.COM>

They sometimes call them slicks, but new tires howl better, and as Bob Bondurant said, 'A squealing tire is a happy tire!' Seeya, Jake ----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Gronski" <gronski@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 7:00 PM Subject: Re: Westys @ Watkins

Be careful Frank, on dry pavement new tires have less traction than old ones... in fact BALD tires have the best traction when its dry. I know its counter intuitive but it is because of their larger surface area.

Chris

On 9/29/05, Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@telus.net> wrote: > Attaboy Frank! We set a lap record (just kidding, not much competition!) at > Seattle International Raceway a few years back, after the Vintage Races were > done. Our fully loaded 84 7 Passenger GL smoked the 1985 Westy of Art > Stendel from Arizona! I completely screwed up Turns 3a and 3b, but nailed 4, > 5 and 6 up the back of the track to show Art nothing but bike rack by turn > 9. :) In fairness, I have raced that track a lot and Art hadn't, and the > downhill entry into 3 is WAY more scary from up in a Vanagon than down in a > race car! Buckle Up, Jake > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Frank Condelli" <RAlanen@AOL.COM> > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 4:42 PM > Subject: Westys @ Watkins > > > > I'll be leaving for the Westys @ Watkins Glen event tomorrow morning > bright > > & early. Back Sunday evening if anyone's looking for me. See your there > if > > your going. Road test #1 for the new Vredesteins. Also testing the > newly > > acquired Delorme GPS system for my laptop. > > > > Cheers, > > > > Frank Condelli > > Almonte, Ontario, Canada > > '87 Westy, '90 Carat, '87 Wolfsburg (Forsale) & Lionel Trains > > Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley > > _Frank Condelli & Associates_ > (http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/busindex.html) > > _Vanagon Stainless Steel Exhaust Systems_ > > (http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/stebro.htm) 1 > > _BusFusion_ (http://members.aol.com/BusFusion/bfhome.htm) a VW Camper > > camping event, Almonte, ON, June 08 ~ 11, 2006 > > >