Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 2 Oct 2005 19:38:35 -0600
From:         Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Platinum Cat Install suggestions
Comments: To: Keith Ovregaard <kovregaard@COMCAST.NET>

"Is it stretched horizontally to cover the opening to the upper poptop area?"

Yes Keith. The front of the blanket has 4 snaps, and those snap across the top of the opening where the pop top latches. Matter of fact I cut a slice in the middle of the blanket there to straddle the male latch piece, and that helps anchor that part of the blanket in the middle. About 5 snaps down each side top so the blanket winds up being stretched across the entire opening. I just tuck it in between the two mattress sections of the upper bunk at the back of the opening. Real easy to unsnap to access stuff above, luggage, etc. Most of what I'm going to need at night I just keep in a bag in the front seat so I don't have to get "up there".

Richard Jones is the one who gave me the idea and basic plan. I do almost all my camping alone so I don't have to accommodate volks in the upper bunk. Combining that with the catalytic heater and the van gets cozy real fast. Now heading for a propex to eliminate all the moisture inside .... RUST!

Wherever I have a snap on the blanket, I used iron-on patches so the snaps don't tear loose from the fleece from continued use. Working real well so far. At other times the blanket is just a blanket.

Hope that makes it clearer?

bob