Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 Oct 2005 11:57:31 -0600
From:         Richard A Jones <jones@COLORADO.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Passenger Car Tire Example 1

> Camping, exploring and adventures following questionable roads to > unknown destinations.

That's it, Larry. As I posted on a tire thread in December, 2001, after coming back from Baja with Mark Drillock:

> It occurred to me what a disaster a blowout could be and what a pain > a flat would be. If you were stranded 100+ miles from the nearest town > because you had bought cheap tires, you'd give a lot to turn the clock > back and buy better tires!

Here's a stretch of road that made me think that: http://jones.colorado.edu/jones/Baja/pix/roll4dx-4a.jpg And this is near-perfect Baja road, just near nowhere!

Here's another one on the Utah-Nevada border about 100 miles from nowhere: http://jones.colorado.edu/jones/Oct2001/Oct01/roll5dx-26a.jpg

In places like these, cheap tires are expensive!

Richard A Jones Boulder, Colorado