Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:35:01 -0400
From:         John Lauterbach <lauterba@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: Electrical Riddle (my dash...)
Comments: To: Wesley Pegden <wes@CS.UCHICAGO.EDU>

Wes, I have an '84. The rear window defrost light is totally separate from the other panel lights. It will do strange things unless engine is on and then it only runs defrost for a set amount of time.

Right now, I am w/o lights on my '84 to see the speedometer, etc., at night. I have not gotten around to ordering a new headlight switch, which also has the dimmer for the instrument panel lights.

Make sure you have a wiring diagram for the instrument cluster in your van. Mine is not the original as I had to buy a new one a few years back, and I had to rewire 14-pin connector to get things right.

John ----- Original Message ----- From: "Wesley Pegden" <wes@CS.UCHICAGO.EDU> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 6:19 PM Subject: Re: Electrical Riddle (my dash...)