Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Oct 2005 21:45:02 -0400
From:         Pascal Giasson <pascal.giasson@GNB.CA>
Subject:      Re: replacing water tank pump
Comments: To: Maggie Dew <maggie@WESTFAM.NET>

The water tank is accessed through the rear storage compartment to the left of the back seat. Two philips screws holding a metal plate need to be removed to gain access to the tank. You have to unscrew the tank lid to get to the old pump. I found that I had to cut the old and hardened water hose inside the tank to get the old pump out. You can get a new hose at most harware stores. To get to the pump wires you have to open the front storage compartment to the left of the rear seat (just in front of the water tank)and lift the bottom panel out of that compartment. You should see the wires that go back to the water tank and pump. You have to pull the old pump wires in through the tank to get the pump out (or just cut the old wires and pull the old pump out. Hope this helps.

Pascal '84 Westy