Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 Oct 2005 15:03:59 -0400
From:         Roger Sisler <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Need VW mechanic in Niles Mi

It is probably not much to worry about. The weather has gotten cooler at night recently, and metal and rubber shrink up. Perhaps a pushrod tube is leaking a bit(8 rubber seals).It may be the rubber gasket on the oil filter. Could be the drain plug for the oil, but this is all metal. Anything other than the oil filter is most likely inside the engine tin that covers each side of the underneath of the engine.If so, it has been dripping for awhile most likely.It takes time for leaking oil to make its to a place where it can drop onto the ground. Wish I had a oil free engine.I got lots of drips from all possiable places it seems, and I keep on trucking.I would look at the bottom of the oil filter(where you can touch it)and look for a drop of oil on the filter case that is about to drop onto the ground.A thightening of the filter with 2 hands will do it.If it is the oil drain dripping, a 10mm wrench will fix that.Take the www.vanagonauts.com address w/you when you go. They have people that will help you all over the country if you break down(vanagon rescue squad).Best to go to Sears and get some screw drivers , metric wrenches ,ect.If you break down on the side of the road, best to have some tools so if someone stops to help you they may actually be able to fix what ever is wrong.Also get AAA. I got this for my daughter,who is at college.She drives the 120 miles too often in an old car. AAA will tow you for 100 miles 3 times /year.100 miles will get you to a vanagon friendly place anywhere in the country. Cost about $85/year.Also get a can of fix a flat($5).