Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 Oct 2005 13:12:54 +0000
From:         Russ Ottey <rottey@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Syndrome cont...
Comments: To: Keith Ovregaard <kovregaard@COMCAST.NET>

My suggestion is the two relays - fuel pump and current supply relay. Bentley 24.48. I've replaced both relays twice in my 12 years of ownership on my '90 Westy. First occurence was probably around '96 on a tri Experience was van would run fine and then just stop as if not getting any fuel. Wait awhile and then it would run fine for a while. Not much rhyme or reason. Bought two of the relays(along with a spare fuel pump & filter) after changing the relays NO PROBLEMS. Then about a year and a half ago the engine began to just start stalling while driving for a second or two and then start again while on the freeway. At stop lights a couple of times it would cut out but then restart OK. Again I changed the two relays (they are cheap about $7.00 I think) again NO PROBLEMS. In my '90 it seems thatthose relays have a life of about 6-8 years. I just keep a pair in the van.

Russ