Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Oct 2005 10:40:33 -0700
From:         Don Williams <williams@FIRE.BIOL.WWU.EDU>
Subject:      radio tomfoolery

Chris,

I listen to a lot of talkradio and need to pull in AM stations from 1000 miles away. I researched the issue as best I could and settled upon a Pioneer AM/FM with a CD (I don't have the model with me at work, but if you're interested Email me and I will provide it). I was told that Pioneer enjoyed especially good AM reception, for whatever reason. I've been happy with it, but I really don't have other brands for comparison. I am inclined to put a 300 foot antenna on the beast, but I have been told by several people (with no axes to grind), that it is more the receiver in the radio than the antenna. My antenna was broken when I bought the vehicle, and I put a Schuck's antenna in the stock position---it seems to work OK> Don

Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:47:36 -0700 From: Chris Renz <aircooledchris@EUCASAFARI.VENDIOWEB.COM> Subject: stock antenna - no AM stations? I had an old baywindow before and the stock antenna on that seemed to pick up AM stations great. Im on my third tape deck and I still can't seem to get anything on the AM dial. Does anyone else have better luck, should I replace my antenna, or is it mostly the radio that would be at fault? I just switched to a brand new Sony tape deck and while I can pick up one or two now, I dont understand why this massive extended antenna on my van OUTSIDE can't fair as well as the clock radio in my bedroom with basically no antenna whatsoever. thoughts, suggestions, tomfoolery welcomed.