Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:25:38 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Friday-You must be mad -- or not.
Comments: To: John Bange <jbange@GMAIL.COM>

Just think how much more intense the Vanagon experience would be of the darn things could fly ............. boy! we'd separate the adventurers from the pedestrians pretty quick. I darn sure wouldn't get on one if there was any potential of ever leaving the ground.

Stan Wilder Engine Ceramics 214-352-4931 www.engineceramics.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Bange" <jbange@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 12:33 PM Subject: Re: 31K for a vanagon? You must be mad -- or not.

> > If adventure is what you want, I can show it to you and you won't need a > bloated Westy with a WIFI for it. But, you gotta learn to spell it > correctly: > R-I-S-K.

Ugh. I think you have a point that RISK=ADVENTURE, but keep in mind that it's entirely relative and varies greatly from person to person. Going 100 meters down the beach and enjoying a cup of coffee might be enough for some people. Others may need to free climb Half Dome. I recall the greatest "adventure" I ever endured was a two day Hummer drive through the desert with a knot in my stomach from worrying about driving over a mine. The guy sitting next to me did nothing but complain about how boring it was. That bored PFC who was sitting next to me is now probably a master sergeant driving through pretty much the same desert, in the same conditions, still bored. My adventure/risk threshold tends to be fairly low now. I only need to get a half dozen miles down a NFS fire road to get my fill. I can (and have) done that in a 94 Honda Civic. It's all relative.