Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Oct 2005 16:51:31 -0700
From:         Bernard <vwbus85@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: The worst feature of shelling out $31,000 for a used Vanagon.

> There are differences in the levels at which > people live their lives, and I suppose they should all be > celebrated and > respected, but I myself like weirdness in a person and the > integrity to fix > something that you have broken, and not to go crying to a mechanic.

I would love to love to be that way inclined, however, I am not. Furthermore I live in a high rise apartment in the heart of the city and don't know where I would work on it anyway. I have come to terms that at 59 years of age I most likely will not be able to rip out that engine and rebuild the sucker. We all have different talents. I have the greatest respect for those that do have the talent. So I guess I fall into the category of "one who goes crying to a mechanic". Do I love my bus any less than you love yours? I think not. I know not. Will the fellow that paid 31,000 for a bus enjoy it less than you maybe, maybe not. You fix'em and maybe I write bus poems like the one below. I think you were right the first time let's respect and celebrate the differences and recognize the bond between people who love these special buses. It's the community of people that make this things more special. We just all cant' be mechanics.

The Bus

I must go on the road again Get under the sun and sky I've got that white line fever I've heard that wild goose cry.

I've got to get behind the wheel I am at peace when I do roam I'm in my bus my own vdub It's there where I'm most home.

Home for some is a mansion High up on a hill, Happiness for some. means a life of staying still.

For some of us however We are called by another code we are called to seek the unknown just a little further down the road.

Slowly moving down the highway No need to look for cops Just a cell phone at the ready And Larry's list of repair shops.

Some mock the bus and exclaim: You really must be mad! Look at the cash invested for just a mobile pad.

We can't expect for them to get the reason for such fuss or to understand the connection between our soul and bus.

I do not own a lot of things But this is something I do know, Of all the things that I possess My bus will be last to go.

Bernie Vancouver