Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 Oct 2005 21:21:48 -0700
From:         Robert Fisher <refisher@MCHSI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Discolored Dash Board (ashtray)

Several years ago I mentioned to a co-worker that I was thinking about Armor All-ing something or another; he almost became unhinged telling me about some experiment or study he had read that said that if you stopped using Armor All, as it dried out it would effectively wick the juices out of whatever material to which it had been applied , thereby accelerating the destructive process that it was designed to forestall. He said that many other products of that kind that were on the market were tested and didn't have the same effect, and that STP tested best out of the bunch. I never went ahead with whatever I was going to do and I don't recall ever using the stuff before or since, so I can't offer any useless personal anecdotes (but lemme tell ya about these awesome retreads..... nevermind). I think most folks in this part of the world just use dashmats.

T. Goff's story reminds me of a fellow I saw once while delivering pizzas... I was at a customer's house and he was in the next driveway, intently Armor All-ing various parts of his motorcycle- including the seat.

Cya, Robert

----- Original Message ----- From: "George Goff" <THX0001@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, October 08, 2005 7:30 PM Subject: Re: Discolored Dash Board (ashtray)