Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:34:40 -0700
From:         Robert Fisher <refisher@MCHSI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Traveling/Camping With a Baby

We started out with cloth diapers and cloth wipes. There isn't a diaper service around here, so we just did it on our own. It's a big outlay up front but it saves a ton in the long run. The diapers were fine, but we gave up on the wipes fairly quickly- we just never seemed to have enough and the washer was running constantly. We found the best compromise for us was cloth diapers at home and disposables away from home, and regular baby wipes. We keep a fully stocked diaper bag that lives in the van just in case.

The vanagon seems to have been made for kids, provided you retrofit to current restraint standards. The kids like being able to see, they have air vents right near 'em and they're not so far back that you can't hear or reach them easily. It's even easy to get them in and out of the car seats. Beats the hell out of the current mini-vans we've tried. Speaking of diapers, that rear hatch area is like a big 'ol changing table- it's great. We can take the kids, get two week's worth of food and a month's worth of household stuff and do it all in one trip. We haven't been able to come close to that in any other vehicle we've used.

Cya, Robert

----- Original Message ----- From: "George Goff" <THX0001@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 11:20 AM Subject: Re: Traveling/Camping With a Baby