Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Oct 2005 07:56:48 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: over 65,000 mi. and 9 years on my Michelins.....
Comments: To: greg crone <l_levi1@YAHOO.COM>

9 years on tires is too long, regardless of mileage or tread wear. Especially if the vehicle is stored outside. Both sun and water damage tires in their own way. The standard now is 7 years from manufacture date or 5 years from placed in service. In order for the Vanguards to carry that rated 1874#, they have to be inflated to 85 psi. Bumpy, lower traction ride. One advantage I have seen with these is you do not have to worry about tread wear. They will go out of round or the belts usually separate first.

Dennis