Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:21:42 -0500
From:         jake beaulieu <jbeaulie@ND.EDU>
Subject:      Type I thermostat (need union nut)

Hello all,

Well the thermostat on my 82 AC vanagon died last week. I have a good type I thermostat, just like the one you can buy from Bus Depot (Thanks B Bob). However, I do not have the union nut for this thermostat. One of the differences between the type I and IV thermostats is the thread size of the nipple. The union nut that works for the Type IV will not work on the Type I. I called Bus Depot and they will not sell the nut without the purchase of a new thermostat ($54). So, does anyone have a union nut for a type I that they would be willing to part with?

Thanks, Jake