Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 15 Oct 2005 23:11:18 -0400
From:         Christopher Gronski <gronski@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Volkscafe.com is now Van-Café.com
Comments: To: Jeffrey Schwaia <jeff@vanagonparts.com>

Agreed, doesn't volks jusk mean "folks" or "The people's" in german? Its just a german word right? Or do they have a trademark on the word as well?

Chris

On 10/15/05, Jeffrey Schwaia <jeff@vanagonparts.com> wrote: > I can understand Volkswagen wanting to protect volkswagen.***, it is their > company name after all. But trying to grab everything with "volks" in it is > just plain anal. > > Cheers, > > Jeff > > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM]On Behalf > Of David Marshall > Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2005 4:41 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: RE: Volkscafe.com is now Van-Café.com > > > Well volks... that's f__ing crazy! They (Volkswagen AG) took the > VOLKSWAGEN.ORG issue all the way to the WIPO and then basically lied the > whole time to them as I was not aware anything was happening until after the > ruling and thus loosing my domain name. They said documentation was sent to > me, I never received a thing. Probably why there was this lie is that I > have a letter from VWoA stating I could use that domain name. Oh the filth > in the world. If they actually would have contacted me I would have GIVEN > them the domain name for crying out loud. Good thing they spent tens of > thousands on this case... > > http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/decisions/html/2004/d2004-0498.html contains > the results of the farce... bastards! > > Personally I think volkscafe should fight this tooth and nail. > > Now... what is going to happen to other more famous VW names like > VANAGON.com, SYNCRO.org, SYNCRO.ca - it's just a matter of time before the > lawyers get greedy again and want to make more money fighting people who are > promoting their products, for FREE, like there is no tomorrow. > > Some "thanks" if you ask me! > > David Marshall > > Fast Forward Automotive Inc. > 4356 Quesnel-Hixon Road > Quesnel BC Canada V2J 6Z3 > > http://www.fastforward.ca mailto:sales@fastforward.ca > Phone: (250) 992 7775 FAX: (250) 992 1160 > > - Vanagon Accessories and Engine Conversions > - Vanagon, Transporter and Iltis Sales and Importation > - European Lighting for most Volkswagen models > > > Due to the large volume of email we receive, PLEASE include previous > emails when responding. This will allow us to read the complete dialogue > in one message and will result in quicker and more accurate responses. > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com]On Behalf > Of Larry Chase > Sent: October 15, 2005 2:59 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Volkscafe.com is now Van-Café.com > > > Volks, > > Volkswagen of America strikes again. > > Please be aware that Volkscafe.com is now Van-Café.com > > Apparently VW had a problem with the use of "Volks". > > When will the VW suits get it! > > > good road, > good adventure, > good life, > > larry chase > > www.roadhaus.com > www.roadhaus.com/shops.html > www.roadhaus.com/tires.html > www.roadhaus.com/tires/guideline.html >