Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Oct 2005 15:58:34 -0500
From:         Max Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Oil Fill Level -Randy Newman has the answer!
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>

You're not talking about Randy Newman's Classic tune Political Science are you? song goes somethin like this:(done to a ragtime type piano and trumpet) .

BTW, his 4 CD box set Guilty 30 years, may have as diverse a musical palate as anyone alive. And most of his stuff is pretty irreverent and politically incorrect. Especially the cuts from his mid 70's concept album "Good ol Boys"

No one likes us, don't know why May not be perfect, but heaven knows we try. All around even our old friends put us down Let's drop the Big One, and see what happens...

We send them money, but are they grateful? No, they're spiteful and they're hateful They don't respect us so let's surprise 'em Let's drop the Big One and pulverize them.

Asia's crowded, Europe's too old, Africa is far to hot and Canada's too cold South America Stole our name Let's drop the Big One, there'll be no one left to blame us..

Refrain: We'll save Australia, don't wanna hurt no kangaroo Build a North American Amusement park there They got surfin too.

Boom goes London , Boom Parie More room for you and more room for me and every city the whole world round Will just be another American Town Oh how peaceful it will be, we'll set everybody free You wear a Japanese kimono baby get Italian shoes for me They all hate us any how, so let's drop the big one now, let's drop the big one now....

By the way RVC is I think Randy Newman owned a Vanagon at one point in his career.

DM&FS

At 02:09 PM 10/23/2005, John Rodgers wrote: >I don't believe in political correctness either! > >How does the old song go .. .....something about there's rioting in >Africa, there's rioting in Spain ......... something about the English >hate the Irish, the Irish hate the Dutch, and I don't like anybody very >much! Yep, sum's it up. No Political Correctness. It's a disappearing >way of life. > >Regards, > >John Rodgers > >Malcolm Stebbins wrote: > >>Sexist 'jokes' are not 'jokes', they are hurtful. IMHO there is NO >>place on this list for this >>type of behaviour/attitude. Some opinions are better kept to one's self. M >> >>--- John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET> wrote: >> >> >> >>>Perhaps that was bad - here's worse! >>> >>>Blonde cheerleader got caught in a hailstorm, >> >> >> >>__________________________________ >>Start your day with Yahoo! - Make it your home page! >>http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs >> >>