Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:44:42 -0700
From:         stephen steele <steeles159@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Random Beer Thoughts

Beer thoughts: For you List purists the RVC is that I only drive my van to pick up my beer, not after consuming it. Anyway, I usualy only buy "good beer", staying away from the "big beers". ("Good" for me is Sam Adams, Saranac, Guiness, Harp and any of a myriad of micros. "Big" beers are A-B, Miller and Coors.) But every once in a while I'll pick up a 15 pack of Blatz cans for $5.99. Great for cooking with.... kraut, sausages, soups, etc... and how can you cook with beer and not drink one while standing over a hot stove/BBQ/fire? PBR is "not a bad" beer and is sold at the mid price points here. Schlitz is a little lower in price and a lot better than Old Millpuppy. Stroh's is an acquired taste. Molson's is making inroads in the local market at mid level prices...I can buy it cheaper here than what I paid for it in the Great White North this summer!

I recently lost my Great German beer connection because my Air Force buddy has switched from flying C141s to C5s and will not be making his twice weekly runs to Chermany any time soon. Good bye to Andecher's Dopple Boch.... absolutely the best beer I have ever had. EVER. (Not including all those -ators that really are NOT beer...they're Belgian you know [G])

Beers from the past... The best cheap beer: Rhinelander Northwoods $8.99/returnable case until 2000 when they pulled back distribution excluding Ohio ...woe is me. The worst beer(at any price): Narragansett The second worst beer (aap): Shaeffer's (sp) Other oldies: Shoennling... Little Kings Cream Ale, Gennessee Cream Ale Burger Beer Red White and Blue Old Dutch

Sorry, I was out camping in the Westy Friday, Saturday and today and missed the OT Fri deadline. Stephen Chillicothe Ohio

__________________________________ Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click. http://farechase.yahoo.com