Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 Oct 2005 21:05:21 -0400
From:         Mike Collum <collum@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Power Outlet (Cigarette Lighter) Rotating
Comments: To: Bruce Nadig <motorbruce@HOTMAIL.COM>

You might try a hose clamp around the recepticle ... on the "backside" of the dash, of course.

Mike

Bruce Nadig wrote: > Howdy Again Volks, > > I have a really nice Hella map light ( similar to: > http://www.autobarn.net/xxx8714series.html ) that plugs into the 12v > Cigarette lighter outlet. It is great so my soon-to-be-ex-wife can read in > the evenings while I drive. I usually keep the light plugged in all the > time. > > The light is great, and it fits into the outlet snugly, but now the 12v > outlet has lost its grip and spins in its mounting hole. Consequently, the > arm for the light drips to the 6 o'clock position - useless. > > Is there a way to tighten up the 12v power outlet so that it will not spin? > I'd love to get this fixed before I move to Seattle in a few weeks. > > By the way, the light is great for things other than reading. I have a Hula > Girl mounted on my ash tray/coin holder. At night (when the light stays > vertical in the outlet) I can turn on the light and aim it at the Hula Girl > and give her a spotlight while she dances. My soon-to-be-ex-wife prefers > not > to be in the van with me when I do this. > > Any solutions to securing the outlet? > > Cheers, > Bruce > motorbruce@hotmail.com >