Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:07:28 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: in the year 2015......
Comments: To: Jeffrey Schwaia <jeff@VANAGONPARTS.COM>

The Splitties are always in demand and always a big hit at VW shows and VW club meetings but after owning several I'd say you got to be young at heart and tolerant to put up with the erratic steering, crosswind lane swapping, high revving engines that sound like they on self destruct at 60 mph. I spent lots of time rubbing the lumps on my left elbow from making left turns and rubbing the crown of my head from beating my head against the top of the door opening trying to get in. I particularly enjoyed reaching across the county to grasp the steering wheel with both hands on the highway trips. Don't get me wrong I always enjoyed the Ohhs and Ahhs when I drove my splittie to the VW events and even to the grocery and around my neighborhood. The Latinos in my neighborhood checked it out thoroughly every time I took it to the grease on your soles auto parts stores. If I recall properly it was mostly Latinos that stopped out front of my house a few hundred times a year and asked about buying it . I finally sold it to a fellow in the Auto Sound System business that turned it into a Thumper Bus that made reasonable people run red lights if you ever had to stop next to him at a light.

Stan Wilder Engine Ceramics 214-352-4931 www.engineceramics.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeffrey Schwaia" <jeff@VANAGONPARTS.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 11:10 AM Subject: Re: in the year 2015......